LIAT advised Wednesday that several flights have been cancelled for Thursday, March 28 “due to operational reasons.”
The cash-strapped regional carrier has been on the brink of collapse, with recent reports that it only had enough funds for 10 days.
LIAT’s management and shareholders have been trying to get employees to agree to a pay cut but this has been flatly rejected.
Thursday’s cancellations will affected the following flights:
• LI 374 from Barbados to St. Lucia
• LI 375 from St. Lucia to Barbados
• LI 337 from Barbados to Grenada
• LI 338 from Grenada to Barbados
• LI 769 from Barbados to St. Vincent
• LI 770 from St. Vincent to Barbados.
LIAT said affected passengers will be moved to other flights at no charge.